Monday, January 24, 2011

Summer 2011

Today was the first day in some while I have made it into my own garden!!

What I found is over whelming - produce just as galore as the weeds.

The tomatoes are going off - however - so too are the caterpillars - I have gotten slack with the white butterfly traps and watch as they descent daily over the garden - its a race - who will get to them first - hmmm with the occassional ratty also having his share - or can I blame the possums... it is any wonder I am getting anything at all.

Netting is a serious consideration for next year.

The tiger toms are most impressive - I have decided to pick them early early and let them ripen on the window sill.

I am in need of some more good compost - so did a huge amount of pruning today - which has piled up - it should break down fairly quickly in the heat.

I am taking the Spanish approach of working early morning - before the heat hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment