Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Inspirational

I had the pleasure of working on a wonderful example of interplanting edibles with non edibles on this largely native garden. It reminded me that veggie gardens don't have to stand alone - but can enhance the trees / shrubs already in place. I think this is the feel that the Spiral Bed really needs. The pathway in the front native garden demonstrates how you can make the most out of the space you have. By dividing it in two by a narrow path you can walk within the garden and appreciate from within - rather than simply looking from a frontal perspective. The compost bins are also a feature which I would like to replicate with a huge pile wood down the side that needs a use. This property which was once a Dairy is an absolute pocket of country living in Melbourne. Again it reminds me that you don't need the hobby farm - just start now where ever you are!!







No comments:

Post a Comment